When it comes to our skincare, we all think of various ways to keep our skin more smooth, clear and clean. We experiment with various face wash, face packs, scrubs, toners and finally we settle down with the products that best suits our skin. Also, apart from the branded products that we use and include in our daily skin care regime, we also opt for taking care of our skin in many natural ways. We have many good stuffs available at our home itself that could help to make our skin look healthier and could bring some natural glow on our face.
I would share a few of the simple skin care tips that I follow whenever I get time;
1. Every morning, I have a glass of warm water with a few drops of lemon in it on an empty stomach. Even one can add a teaspoon of honey in it. It not only benefits the digestive system of our body, but also helps to keep the formation of acne or wrinkles at bay.
2. Applying the Mud mask or Multani mithi (popularly known in INDIA) on your face would give a radiant and glowing skin.
3. Applying honey on your face also makes your skin smoother and beautiful. Keep it on for 20 mins and rinse it with warm water for good results.
4. One must apply sunscreen lotion on their face 20 minutes before going out. One must make this compulsory, especially before leaving their house or going for some outdoor activities like swimming to avoid getting tan.
5. Before sleeping at night, one must remove the make up applied on their face by the cleanser that best suits your face.
Other than the above skin care tips, one can also follow a few other steps that, I have heard from my friends and a few I have learned from grandma’s recipes for beautiful skin.
Using Aloe Vera Gel to prevent the skin from ageing as it contains Vitamins C and E that will help to keep the skin hydrated. Aloe Vera helps to minimise the wrinkles and acne, making your skin look more supple and soft.
Turmeric or Haldi is one of the commonly used spices in INDIA and it is easily available at home. It helps to keep your skin free from signs of ageing. One can mix the turmeric with the gram flour and make a paste of it with the help of water. Apply and keep it on your face for 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
Take a tablespoon of lemon juice, one cup of rose water and half cup of cucumber juice. Mix all the three ingredients and apply it on your face. This paste will help to reduce the large pores on your face and will help to lighten your skin.
(Vicco Turmeric Cream)
(Ayurveda has various benefits. An Ayurveda facial care regime improves the texture and health of the skin as opposed to a harmful cosmetic one. Its Ayurvedic formula combined with the microbicide properties of turmeric prevents oily skin, fights pimples and clears blackheads.)